Do you practice good oral hygiene habits but still have loose, cracked or broken teeth? Jacksonville Beach Family Dentistry may be able to help. Our office provides state-of-the-art dental implants to those in need of a new smile. Here are some of the top signs you may need implants:
- You have a cracked or broken tooth: Whether it broke from a high-flying hockey stick, or from biting on a piece of peanut brittle, broken and cracked teeth can be fixed with a dental implant.
- You are missing a natural tooth: No one wants to walk around with a missing tooth, especially if it’s in the front where it’s very noticeable. If your tooth is missing near the back of your mouth, it can be hard to eat certain things like meat or crunchy foods. Implants can restore the look of your smile and have you eating all your favorite foods again.
- You have loose fitting dentures: This can be an extreme annoyance, particularly if you don’t want to deal with messy, sticky adhesives. Implants can replace your dentures or partials.
- You are experiencing bone loss (jaw area): the part of the implant that gets inserted into the jawbone socket is made of titanium. This helps to stimulate jaw bone growth over time.
- Your face looks sunken-in: If you’ve been wearing dentures for some time, you may notice that your face now has a sunken-in look. That’s because dentures can cause bone loss by wearing away at the ridges of your jaws. Implants stimulate jaw bone growth and can give your face a fuller look.
- You have a painful, infected tooth: If you have an infected tooth, it must to be removed to prevent further damage. An implant can take the place of your natural tooth.
Dental implants can help restore your smile and give you back your confidence. They are the way to go if you want the confidence you had with your own teeth. Talk to your dentist about whether implants may be the ideal solution for you. They are affordable and durable enough to last for years. The cost will seem trivial when you see how great you look and feel after the procedure. Get a consultation with Jacksonville Beach Family Dentistry today!